Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11 2012 Yesterday it Took me about 65 miles to get from Myrtle Beach to Southport NC, really nice ride, especially once I got into NC. Today I woke up early and headed out to the southport peer, only 6 miles from the motel, I took the 745am ferry across the bay and headed out north on rt 421. About 2 miles in, my chain snapped right off, and because I didn't have the proper equipment to fix it, I was stuck or so I thought.... As soon as I walked my bike over to a telephone pole to lean it on, I looked up and saw another cyclist coming down the road. Shep, was his name and he was doing his daily loop around the island, thankfully he stopped to see if I was ok and long story short, he phoned his wife to come pick me up and take me to the nearest bike shop. Turns out the local bike shop we stopped at first only worked on beach cruiser bikes, so Shep's lovely wife took me back to their home to see what to do next, after a nice tall glass of water and tour of their beautiful home, Shep and I hopped in the car and headed to a more experienced bike shop closer to Wilmington. If that wasn't enough, Shep ended up paying for my repairs along with purchasing the tool I would need if the same issue happened again. He said that it was his way of donating to the EDEN cause, which I couldn't have been more greatfull for, although I feel like Shep and His wife are the kind of people that would go out of there way for anybody, regardless if it was for charity. Just amazing people, can't thank them enough.

2 comments:

  1. The kindness of strangers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple twist of the wrist and you can move between the first, second and thrd gears with ease and the chain doesn't move at all Affordable Cruiser Bicycle.


    beach cruiser bicycle

    ReplyDelete